Cedar Point Introduces the World’s First “Hyper-Hybrid” Roller Coaster
The tallest, fastest, and longest roller coaster, Steel Vengeance, will be coming to Cedar Point in Spring of 2018.
This record breaking roller coaster is more than 200 feet tall and is the first of it’s kind. The new hybrid design combines a steel running track on the old Mean Streak’s massive wooden structure.
- Total of three trains
- 205 feet above FrontierTown
- First hill being a straight down 90-degree drop
- 200-foot tall fall
- Multiple airtime hills
- World’s fastest airtime hill ever created on a hybrid roller coaster.
- First-of-its-kind “Twisted Snake Dive”
- half-barrel roll, hang upside-down, then turn back in the direction of travel, not completing a full roll
- Approximately 2 minutes, 30 seconds
Record Breaking Facts
- World’s tallest hybrid roller coaster (205 feet)
- World’s fastest hybrid roller coaster (74 mph)
- World’s steepest drop on a hybrid roller coaster (90 degrees)
- World’s longest drop on a hybrid roller coaster (200 feet)
- World’s longest hybrid roller coaster (5,740 feet)
- Most inversions on a hybrid roller coaster (4)
- Fastest airtime hill on a hybrid roller coaster (73 mph)
- Most airtime on a hybrid roller coaster (27.2 seconds)
- Most airtime on any roller coaster (27.2 seconds)
- World’s first “hyper-hybrid” roller coaster
- Most roller coaster track at one amusement park (60,423 feet/11.4 miles)
- Most steel roller coaster track at one amusement park (57,865 feet/11 miles)
- Most roller coasters over 200 feet tall at one amusement park (6)
- Most rides at one amusement park (71)
- Most roller coasters with a first drop of 90 degrees or more at one amusement park (5)
“This is another roller coaster that only Cedar Point could build – tallest, fastest and longest of its kind with four inversions and the exciting movements the hybrid design can achieve,” said Jason McClure, vice president and general manager of Cedar Point. “There are so many unexpected moments on Steel Vengeance, it’s just plain twisted. It’ll be an extremely wild experience for our guests.”
Steel Vengeance is being constructed by the roller coaster engineers and builders at Rocky Mountain Construction, an Idaho company that specializes in the reconstruction and re-imagination of traditional wooden roller coasters.
Season Pass Special Offer Available Now at cedarpoint.com
For more information, see www.cedarfair.com.
Photos and information courtesy of Cedar Point.